From 8th May, changes to traffic routes will commence as construction of the Trafford Park line, due for completion in 2020, continues.
The Transport for Greater Manchester Trafford Park Extension Order 2016 came into force on 24th November 2016. This Order gives Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) the legal powers to build and operate the new Trafford Park Metrolink Extension between Pomona and intu Trafford Centre.
This new six stop route will offer fast, frequent connections to jobs, leisure, shopping and cultural destinations and across the wider Metrolink network.
The Order has also given TfGM the legal powers to make any Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders (TTROs) required to facilitate the works.
The overall works will involve advance major utility diversions, the installation of 5.5km track and associated infrastructure, construction of the new Metrolink stops and the introduction of new highway arrangements to enable the tram to run segregated to road traffic.
In order to facilitate these constructions, it is necessary to introduce phases of temporary changes to the way the existing highways in the area normally operate including major, but temporary, changes in direction of traffic.
The initial phases of closures and changes to the local highways and footways are as follows:
Phase 1 will begin on 8th May and is expected to remain in force for approximately 3 years and will implement the following closures:
– Closure of Mosley Road, from its junction with Village Way south towards Westinghouse Road for 50 metres
– Footway closure south side of Village Way between Mosley Road and the Central Park Trading Estate Access Road
– Closure of Wharf End from its junction with Trafford Wharf Road to its junction with Trafford Road and Victoria Place from its junction with Trafford Wharf Road to its junction with Sir Alex Ferguson Way
– Easterly footway closure of Sir Alex Ferguson Way between the northerly footway of Victoria Place and the southerly footway of Victoria Place
– 30mph speed limit both carriageways of Park Way between the Parkway Circle and Lostock Circle junctions
Phase 3, the final phase of the TTROs, will begin on 19th June 2017 and is expected to remain in force for a period of approximately 3 years
– One way on Trafford Wharf Road eastbound from Warren Bruce Road to Sir Alex Ferguson Way
– One way on Village Way eastbound from Parkway Circle to Village Circle
– From Village Way southerly for 50 metres Second Avenue, Third Avenue, Fifth Avenue, Central Park Trading Estate Access Road (Mosley Road) and Praed Road will be closed *
– From Trafford Wharf Road southerly for 50 meters Warren Bruce Road, Elevator Road and Waterside will be closed
— Just Step Sideways (@juststepsways) March 14, 2017