WITH Manchester Storm going head to head with their rivals, Edinburgh, the crowd thought they were in for a magnificent game of ice hockey, however it didn’t end with the results Manchester Storm were hoping for.

It started off strong as Manchester Storm confidently skated onto the ice, with Eric Neilson stamping one foot as he glided into the grounds, as if he wanted to mark his territory.

In the midst of the action

Unfortunately Manchester Storm fell short against rivals, the Edinburgh Capitals, as they lost 5-2.

Go Goodwins Manchester Storm had Matt Bissonette missing from the line-up on the Saturday so they took to the ice with the focus of getting a playoff spot. Karel Hromas put Capitals in the lead at just 1:37 into the game.

Storm had chance after chance in the first 60 seconds to take the lead, however they continued to battle hard to try and equal it out. With 10:34 left in the first period Jack Prince bagged Storm an equalizing goal.

As pressure started to mount Prince grabbed his second score of the night, which also happened to be  the Storms’ 200th home goal in the EIHL. This could not of happened without the help from Darian Dziurzynski.

With ten seconds to go in the period Capitals tied things up when Ian Schultz stole a goal that caught all the Storms’ out of position.Back of the net; a disappointing game of ice hockey for the Manchester Storm

Despite charging out of the locker room, fired up and rearing to go, Storm just couldn’t pull it back. They were finding it difficult to make their way past Fullerton in Capitals’ net.

With shots getting pelted from all angles former Braehead net minder deflected, blocked and swallowed every single shot that came at him. Michael Dorazio was able to restore Capitals lead with 14:39 left to go.

As the third period went furiously into swing with huge hits and saves being made at each end of the ice. Jacob Johnston managed to find the back of the net again with only 4:47 to go.

With Storm down by two, their coach Omar Pacha pulled net minder Mike Clemente with two minutes left on the clock to try and give Storm a man advantage.

Towards the end of the ice hockey Storm tried to close on numerous occasions, however Paul Vorobyev latched onto a loose puck with 1:23 left in the game, to score an empty net goal for the Capitals and seal the two points for the leagues bottom- placed team.

Manchester Storm data link

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *