The first event starts on the 25th of November with a bake sale that you can host in your office to help raise money, and will host a different event each day, and ends on the 6th of December.
The money raised from the 12 Days of Christmas fundraiser will support their work with families in Salford, Trafford and Wigan.
- Thursday 25th November – Bake cakes and sell them in your office to raise money.
- Friday 26th November – Ask friends and family to donate hats and scarves and hold a winter clothes sale at work or in your community
- Saturday 27th November – Hosting a bucket collection at local supermarkets in Trafford borough, wearing your best Christmas hat.
- Sunday 28th November – Telephon
- Monday 29th November – Selling your old jewellery to raise money
- Tuesday 30th November – Promote the fundraiser on social media to ask your family and friends to help raise money
- Wednesday 1st December – Are your kids water babies? Sign up to our sponsored swimathon and ask your friends and family to sponsor you.
- Thursday 2nd December – Set up a smoothie stall at work, or on your drive and sell them to raise money.
- Friday 3rd December – Today is the day for their big discothon. From 12 midday to 12 midnight they will be discoing their way through the day live on Zoom
- Saturday 4th December – Do a sponsored run and ask people to sponsor you. Or, you could even hold a sponsored bounceathon on a trampoline!
- Sunday 5th December – Join them for some carol singing at a local supermarket.
- Monday 6th December – Time to do a big final push and get those final doubled donations in.
During the pandemic, the Home-Start charity worked hard to stay in touch with families, and hope that this years Christmas fundraiser will be as successful as last years virtual Christmas relay. Which helped them raise over £5,000 over six days, and then was doubled to £10,000 through the Big Give.
Kate Wareham, Corporate Partnerships and Fundraising Manager at Home-Start Trafford, Salford & Wigan, said: “Isolation is a major issue for many already – life can be tough bringing up kids on your own with little support – but the pandemic exacerbated this. We’d been doing whatever we can to provide support in different ways – phone calls, walk-and-talks in the park, video calls.
We even had a number of our volunteers reading stories to children via video call. Inevitably though, the pandemic has had an impact on both our families and on our ability to provide the support of a volunteer. This is why donations are needed now more than ever.”
She continued: “Life can be tough and parenting a challenge. There are so many reasons for this: poverty, poor mental health, disabilities, domestic abuse and isolation.
This is where Home-Start steps in. We offer volunteer-led support to help prevent crisis and family breakdown. Recruited locally, we train our volunteers before they begin their home-visiting support for a local family.”
The volunteers at Home-Start offer a mixture of practical and emotional, non-judgemental regular support for however long a family needs them. More importantly, the volunteers are there as a friendly face, an extra pair of hands and a shoulder to cry on.
Kate explained: “So many fundraising options have been impossible in the last year so we’ve had to be creative. Our Christmas relay was virtual and everyone did their 30-minute leg in their own community or in their own houses.
Indoor events are still tricky for many even now, so our 12 days fundraiser is a great way for everyone to get involved in whatever way works for them, and ultimately, make sure Home-Start can be there for families when they need someone the most.”
The money raised from the 12 Days of Christmas will support families through music. Home-Start will provide families with music bags, full of music themed games and activities. The recruited-locally volunteers will be trained before their home visits to the families, and will help the families to use the music activities to develop their children’s communication skills.
If you want to get involved, or read more information about the daily events, click here..
To donate click here, during the Big Give week for your donation to be doubled.