Salford Shopping Centre wants the people of Salford to start thinking about a local charity they believe deserves recognition, as it launches a search for a new charity partner.
The chosen charity will benefit from fundraising and support from Salford Shopping Centre over a 10 month period, which is home to eighty stores including Boots, Aldi, Pure Gym and Costa, welcoming over 135,000 shoppers every week.
To be considered, Salford based charities need to complete a form on the Salford Shopping Centre website.
Charity partners will be shortlisted and chosen by the public through an online vote, which will take place on Monday 20th May.
Nick Pitt, Salford Shopping Centre Manager, said: “We have been thinking about this for some time and we haven’t done it before. We like to support local charities and local causes.”
In order to be considered, charities must meet the following criteria:
- A not-for-profit charity
- Have a UK Registered Charity Number
- Located in the Salford area – with activities directly benefiting the people of Salford
- Have staff and/or volunteers able to attend regular events and fundraise
- Have existing branding and marketing materials, for example; pop-up banners, information leaflets, branded collection buckets.
The key dates for the Salford Shopping Centre charity partner search are as follows:
- Week commencing 13th May – charity research and shortlisting
- 20th May – final shortlist of the three charities announced and a public vote to be held
- Week commencing 27th May – the successful charity to be informed
Photo credit: Mikey