A bus caught fire in Salford this morning, whilst heading towards Cheetham hill and Failsworth.
The fire was determined to have been caused by a bus engine failure leading to the ignition of both the engine and side fuel tank.
The driver of the bus had confirmed that all members of the public on board were safe and that there were no injuries.
Residents recalled a fast response from the Salford fire and safety crews present on the scene within less than 5 minutes of the fire occurring.
The area surrounding the incident has since been cleared of debris and the road is safe for use.
Members of the public expressed their concern of the area in which the fire happened.
It was extremely close to the Tesco petrol station raising concern of a possible bigger fire or explosion.
Bloody hell, bus on fire at Salford Precinct, hope it doesn’t blow or it’ll take the petrol station out with it! 😮 pic.twitter.com/xkB0ZSpxYz
— Cleo Kinsey-Lyons (@CleoKinseyLyons) October 6, 2020