Jack Redshaw scored four second half goals as Salford hammered bottom of the League North Ferriby to extend their lead to 7 points at the top of the Conference North.

It did take the league leaders a while to get going, squandering several first half chances, the best of which falling to midfielder Marl Shelton, who saw his shot tipped over the bar by North Ferriby keeper Ross Durrant towards the end of the first half.

Ferriby’s resistance however was broken early in the first half, when Redshaw grabbed his first of the afternoon, heading home powerfully from a Josh Askew cross.

Redshaw – a summer recruit from Blackpool – doubled Salford’s lead from the penalty spot 12 minutes from time and gave Salford daylight from the weakening Yorkshire visitors.

The midfielder wasn’t finished there, scoring a further two in the last 7 minutes of the game, including a long-ranged effort for his fourth.

Redshaw is now Salford’s top scorer with 10 goals and the win meant Salford are now 7 points clear at the top of the Conference North, after nearest rivals Brackley dropped points away at Bradford PA.

Redshaw had been on a small goal drought prior to the game however expressed his delight at his second half performance.

He told the Salford City website: “It’s been a bit frustrating in front of goal lately, but I was never worried, I knew it was always going to happen for me.

“I’m delighted it’s happened today and I managed to get four.”

Joint-manager Bernard Morley, took charge of his 150th game of Salford on Saturday. Anthony Johnson, told the Salford City website: “We’ve stuck by him, we knew the goals would come, and he’s not failed today.”

Up next for Salford is a trip to Brackley on Saturday in the FA Trophy, before visiting Blyth Spartans in the league on the 2nd December. The next game at the newly named Peninsula Stadium is against Darlington on the 23rd of December.

By Gaurav Chaddah



Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *