Three men have been arrested after a “dangerous” high-speed pursuit in Salford, during which bricks were thrown at police.
All three have been arrested on suspicion of taking a motor vehicle without consent, criminal damage and possession of an offensive weapon following a high-speed police chase through the city.
A Greater Manchester Police spokesperson said officers spotted a car that had previously been reported as stolen and was displaying false number plates at 9:50pm on Monday.
They added that as officers attempted to follow the vehicle, its occupants hurled bricks at the marked police car they were in.
Due to the risk posed to road users, the first vehicle pursuing the stolen car was forced to pull over before a second team of officers from the forces’ Tactical Vehicle Intercept Unit took over the chase.
The occupants of the stolen car abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot. At around 10pm police detained three suspects on Nursery Street in Pendleton.
The spokesperson for the force said that “following searches, officers recovered knives from the suspects, which were seized.”
Three men remain in police custody while enquiries continue.