Emergency services are warning the public to avoid the area around Langley Road in Salford this morning after a building has gone up in flames.
Just before 11am today, emergency services were called after reports of a building on fire on the industrial estate on Langley Road in Salford.
Emergency services are advising all local residents to keep all windows and doors closed whilst the emergency services work on tackling the blaze.
There are currently around 40 firefighters combatting the blaze.
Video of the fire can be seen below.
Fire on Langley Road, Swinton.
If you’re in the area, close you windows and stay indoors. The air is going to be toxic for a while. I saw three ambulances heading there as I drove away. The road, not surprisingly, is closed. pic.twitter.com/OtJwfg5C2h
— Dave Garcia (@LingfordPO) March 31, 2020
The fire service issued the following statement:
“At just before 11:00 on Tuesday 31 March, eight fire engines were called to reports of a fire at a single-storey building on an industrial estate on Langley Road, Salford.
Crews were quickly on the scene and are currently fighting the 50x50m blaze, using eight breathing apparatus, four jets, and one aerial appliance.
Local residents are being advised to keep all windows and doors closed and to avoid the area.”
Police and ambulance crews are known to also be at the scene.
🔥 We currently have eight fire engines dealing with an incident in Langley Road, Swinton.
If you are local, please keep your windows and doors closed and AVOID the area. pic.twitter.com/CK5t2QBvKE
— Greater Manchester Fire & Rescue Service (@manchesterfire) March 31, 2020